Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
- The acceptance of the Estimate and Terms and Conditions is to be indicated by way of full payment, deposit, or Company Purchase Order (as specified on the Estimate).
- Estimates may include products/materials required to prepare a sub floor to a suitable standard required for the Customer’s chosen flooring. The quantity and type of products have been based on the condition Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD would expect the sub floor to be in and from what is physically visible at the time of our site survey, without lifting any existing floor coverings. It is the responsibility of the Customer to lift the existing floor covering, should they wish for the sub floor to be checked.
- Should the customer elect to carry out any sub floor preparation works themselves, this MUST be carried out in accordance with the Manufacturers instructions for any product(s) used and be finished to a reasonable fitting standard. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD accept no responsibility for flooring laid on sub floors prepared by the Customer or other trades, which do not meet the required fitting standard. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD reserve the right to refuse to fit on any sub floor which has not been adequately prepared which may be subject to an aborted visit charge of £90 + VAT.
- If any additional sub floor preparation products are required following uplift of any existing floor covering, during the sub floor preparation stage or due the inadequate sub floor preparation works carried out by the Customer or other trades, this is chargeable to the Customer along with any additional labour required to apply/fit them.
- It is the Customers responsibility to ensure that the work area is suitably prepared for the contracted work to be carried out. The building should be efficiently and properly ventilated and heated, before, during and after the laying of any flooring to prevent dampness affecting works. No responsibility will be accepted by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) Ltd for causes beyond its control.
- It is recommended that any redecoration or new paintwork carried out before the floor covering is laid is given a minimum of 2 weeks to fully dry. This is especially applicable if the Customer is using gloss on skirting boards or architrave. Although fitters will carry out the works with their upmost care and skill, Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD cannot be held responsible for any scruffs or marks to home décor, expect where damage has been caused by negligence.
- The disconnection, moving and reconnection of white goods/appliances are the responsibility of the Customer. If appliances are moved by our fitters at the Customer’s request, Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD accepts no responsibility for any damage to or caused by the appliance.
- Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD shall only move items from any area to be worked in on the specific instruction of the Customer, to an area designated by them and for which they have sole responsibility. No liability will be accepted by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD for any loss or damage to items moved on the specific instruction of the Customer.
- Fitters may remove and rehang doors to facilitate fitting, Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD will not accept any liability for any damage made during this process unless the damage has been caused by fitter negligence. Doors and plinths may need to be trimmed to allow clearance depending upon the depth of your chosen floor covering. This service is not included within any flooring works estimate carried out by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD unless specifically agreed and is subject to additional costs to be charged to the Customer. If the Customer has fire doors, external doors or non-wood doors that require trimming, this will need to be carried out by a specialist and this is not a service which Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD will either carry out or arrange. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD is unable to remove, or arrange the removal of, any fire doors or external doors so arrangements must be made prior to the fitting date to avoid any delays.
- The installation of Laminate or Engineered Wood may involve the removal and re-pinning of skirting boards and/or architraves. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD will not accept any liability for costs associated with redecoration of these.
- Any additional loss or expense incurred by the discrepancy of the quality, quantity or extent of the work, including the additional costs of ‘out of hours’ working that are not specified in the Estimate details, or discussed and agreed with Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD prior to fitting, are to be reimbursed by the customer.
- It is a condition of the Contract that the Customer must provide an adequate and acceptable damp-proof membrane to all floors at ground level or lower than ground floor level. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD cannot be held responsible for any consequential damage due to failure of the building structure or the damp-proof membrane.
- Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD require a MINIMUM of 48 hours’ notice from the Customer to cancel/postpone a pre-arranged fitting date. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD reserve the right to charge an abortive visit fee of £90 + vat to the customer, for less than 48 hours’ notice.
- Fitting and survey appointment times are estimates only and are made in good faith, but the exact arrival and duration times cannot be guaranteed due to the nature and unpredictability of the work involved. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD cannot accept liability for delayed arrival of the fitter or surveyor.
- No responsibility will be accepted for loss or delay arising by way of strike, lock-out, fire, storm, flood, tempest, delayed delivery or for other circumstances of whatsoever nature, beyond the control of Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD.
- Unless safe lockable storage is provided, the responsibility for all goods delivered to the site will be passed to the Customer at the time of such delivery. Notwithstanding such delivery, the property in, and title to the goods shall not pass to the Customer except as provided by Clause 16.
- The protection of the works is entirely the responsibility of the Customer, and Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD can accept no claims for damage for the works caused by others.
- The legal title to any materials appropriated to the Contract shall remain vested in Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD, notwithstanding delivery of the same or the passing of risk therein, until payment for the materials, or work and materials, has been received by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD in accordance with Clause 15 or 16 of these conditions. Failing receipt of such payment Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD may at any time recover the materials from site.
- Customers whose Estimate is based on the ‘pay fitter direct’ option are required to pay in full to Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD for the materials upon acceptance of the Estimate. Payment for fitting is payable directly to the fitter upon completion of works. In this instance, Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD act as agents for self employed carpet fitters/floor layers. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD retains full responsibility for the materials supplied which are guaranteed by the Manufacturer as per their terms and conditions per specified flooring, however the fitter is directly responsible for the standard and quality of the workmanship and any liability arising from the installation. Should any fitting issues arise after installation, contact should be made with the fitter directly before contacting Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD.
- Customers whose Estimate is based on the ‘supply and fitting service’ option are required to pay a deposit as specified or provide a company purchase order, upon acceptance of the Estimate. In the event of there being an allegation of defective workmanship or material, notice in writing must be given within 7 days to Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD. Fitting is guaranteed by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD for 12 months from the date of fitting and materials are guaranteed by the Manufacturer as per their terms and conditions per specified flooring. This EXCLUDES flooring repair work, which is EXEMPT from our 12-month fitting guarantee. Payment owed to Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD is due upon completion of works.
- Our Estimator will discuss with the Customer, at the time of survey, the design in which their flooring will be laid if applicable. Any subsequent discussion at the time of fitting with the fitters, which results in a change to the design, will be deemed to be accepted and agreed by the Customer at the time of fitting. Should the change in fitting pattern result in an increase in labour time and/or products required to complete the works, the Customer is liable for any additional costs incurred.
- Colour samples for all flooring products sold by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD are a representation only and variations can occur between batches. Samples should only be used as a guide. Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD are not liable to refund or replace any carpet or floor covering solely on the appearance not being to the customers liking. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
- Some cut pile carpets, irrespective of quality will be subject to shading. This is due to differing degrees of light reflection caused by unequal crushing of the carpet pile during use and NOT a manufacturing fault. There may be occasions where pole crush lines can be seen once the carpet is laid flat, again this is NOT a manufacturing fault but due to the carpet being rolled.
- Payment for goods delivered to site, goods stored off site but exclusively reserved for the works and for work executed at site, shall be upon the basis of the full value of goods supplied and the work executed at the date of each valuation. In the event that payment of an application is not received as per the specified terms detailed by Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD, Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD shall reserve the right to withdraw from the Contract. This is without prejudice to Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD’s right to recover payment for goods supplied to the Customer and for the work already completed under the Contract and without incurring any liability for any resultant, direct or indirect, cost or expense.
- Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD reserves the right to instruct a debt collection company to recover any monies owed, all costs relating to this will be charged to the Customer.
- Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD reserves the right to vary, alter or withdraw any offers without prior notice.
- Carpet ranges which include a free underlay, gripper, and standard silver/gold effect door threshold strips cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or reduced in price should the customer not require the underlay, gripper, or door threshold strips.
- The minimum order quantity for any stock carpet offers which include FREE fitting is 16m2. Any area under this meterage is subject to an additional £30 surcharge.
- Abbott’s Flooring (IOW) LTD will not accept any liability for mismeasures of any floor covering whereby the estimate has been based on Customers own measurements. The Customer is responsible for the measurements being accurate and should the floor covering not fit and a replacement is required, this can be ordered at the Customers expense.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rate, unless otherwise stated.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Abbotts Flooring and its licensors.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Abbotts Flooring.
Abbotts Flooring has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Abbotts Flooring shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.